Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How eductional leaders might use blogs

I must honestly admit that I have no experience with blogging.  This is an uncharted territory for me.  The little time I have spent learning about blogs has opened my eyes to all the possibilities that blogging can offer to an educational leader.  First and foremost, blogging gives educational leaders a vast array of outlets for new ideas.  Secondly, blogging allows one to be more global and learn about the standards of other school districts, and even other countries, and how to implement those standards in their own school.  Finally, through blogging, leaders can create personal learning networks wherein they can bounce ideas off other principals.  This collaboration brings new ideas onto the leader's campus.  Blogging can provide a wealth of information and connections for educators.  It is truly a useful tool that I want to learn more about.

6 comments:

  1. I think there are more people who are new to this than you think; I am one of them too. I find the more I interact on social media (via facebook) and really step outside of my comfort zone, this new form of communication and collaboration becomes easier to use. I also believe leaders are able to share thoughts and experiences by blogging on a more professional level. I can't wait to utilize blogging through my professional leadership journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to blogging as well! I always wondered about blogs, but I didn't look into them at all. I honestly didn't see the need for them myself. I would occasionally read someone's blog here and there but only because it popped up while I was searching for information. I think blogging will prove to be an interesting part of this program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing to me that you can find a blog about ANYTHING! I started using a few blogs this past year for my classroom and they have many useful and great ideas. Things I may have never come up with on my own. The greatest part about a teacher blog is that they are sharing ideas and can come from anywhere. The materials they share are (most of the time) accurate and work well with my own classroom. I am excited that we will be able to share in the same way and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too do not have much experience with blogs. It is awesome how blogging can open you up to a whole new world of possibilities. I have gotten many great ideas and tools to use in the classroom from several blogs but have never created one of my own. I am excited to see how my blog progresses and the information I gain from the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I am blogging about education. My other blogs have been about literary criticism. I was required to post to and comment on other classmates posts for a Virginia Woolf class. It added a different dimension to the class that would not have been present without the blog. I've gone on to take the posts I created for that blog and turn them into some serious research. The only difference between that blog and this one is that the Woolf blog was communal and not individual like this one. I look forward to your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can believe it or not but my wife is the one who exposed me to blogging. While planning our wedding she found thousands of wedding blogs which helped her locate vendors to fit the ideas she had in mind. Subsequently, I have found blog sites that fit my interest as well. They are a wonderful way to share knowledge and experiences.

    ReplyDelete